Senior Sous Chef for Events- Competitive salary based on experience- Catering Company- Bekesbourne, Kent
We are a friendly, flexible and passionate events catering company based near Canterbury, looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Events Sous Chef to join the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company that prides itself on providing exceptional quality catering services for events of all types and sizes, specialising in banqueting style feasts.
As well as a competitive salary, you will receive great opportunities for progression and development.
- Excellent progression and CPD opportunities
- Seasonal nature of work, holiday bonus opportunities in low season
- Highly inclusive and understanding work environment
* Meals on duty provided
You will report to the Head Chef and be responsible for running the kitchen during events, managing parts of the kitchen team, assisting with menu planning and ensuring an excellent final product and service before and during the event.
* To take responsibility for elements of the kitchen including preparation, cooking, and presentation of food to agreed standards.
* To supervise catering staff.
* Coordinate the catering aspect of the event, briefing the kitchen team and managing timings and food service so the event runs to time and budget
* To liaise with Head Chef, events manager and customers to ensure needs are being met at all stages from sales through to delivery.
- A strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Innovative and enthusiastic with a genuine love of cooking
* Great organisational and interpersonal skills
* An ability to work unsupervised and consistently deliver quality work, and to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues/team
- Food hygiene level 2 certificate
- Driving licence
Beneficial skills/ qualifications:
- Experience of a variety of kitchen environments
- Experience in large events catering
* Knowledge of food production methods
* Embrace new ideas and processes
* Positive and approachable manner
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please email [email protected]
Start date: April 19th 2022
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application.